Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Goal for the Semester: Get Engaged!

...but not in the way you are probably thinking, unless you were in Professor Burton's class today where he read us his "Mussolini" speech.

My 295 class is all about consuming, creating, and connecting. Simply stated, it is vital that we take what we see and experience every day and turn it into something worth sharing and, in this case, worth blogging about. Through this process we gain valuable experience in working with the tools of the digital age. Publishing a blog post every day seems a bit daunting to me. I've never been the best at keeping a journal but I'm willing to give daily blogging a try. One of the hardest parts of blogging for me will be getting past the idea of having to compose a perfectly crafted piece of writing every time. Another aspect of blogging that makes me a bit nervous is just throwing my writing out there and having other people actually read it. On the up side, I will definitely have the motivation to blog about things that are, at least somewhat, interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment